January 22-23, Chrystal and me traveled up to the White Mountains for an AMC Ice Climbing Class. This was the first time that either of us had tried it and we both had a great time. I don’t have the time or the energy to put together a proper post but here are some of the quick details of the weekend:
- Drive up to Yankee Clipper in North Conway on Friday eve.
- Meet crew in the unbelievably over chlorinated pool area.
- Saturday morning go to International Mountain Equipment to pick up rental gear. Chrystal was the only one in need of gear, given my recent purchase of boots and crampons.
- Saturday have a guided class top roping on some short ice flows. All the basics of ice climbing were covered then.
- Saturday eve, dinner and sleep.
- Sunday travel with the bulk of AMC group to another little crag where more top ropes were set up. I was able to do a short section of mixed climbing as my last pitch of the day.
- Drive back to New Haven